Saturday, September 26, 2015

September 26th 2015: The Big E

We decided to check out the Big E carnival in West Springfield today, stopping by at Yaad Jamaican Food, a small takeout place with not much space for seating at 87 Main Street in Springfield, for a quick lunch before going back into traffic. We got the Oxtail,
which I have to say was the best I have had to date, the meat simply falling off the bone and such a pleasure to eat, especially with company.

The traffic situation itself was already a nightmare as we approached the fair, and we were thankful that we even managed to find a parking spot, much less for free. We were even luckier in that we had bought our tickets in advance, and did not have to wait like everybody else.

Pictures I took of the fair itself, which was a pretty big affair, with farm animals everywhere, giant pumpkins and lifesize replicas of various New England landmarks to boot, follow.
I wish I had not had Deep Fried Oreos,
Eclairs and Deep Fried Whoopie Pies,
only to find out there were rattlesnake burgers available when I was already too full to have them. Next time I guess. Overall, a pretty good day at the fair.








No comments:

Post a Comment