Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September 8th 2015: Checking Out Several Places in Worcester

For lunch today, I happened upon Shawarma Palace in downtown Worcester, getting the Beef Shawarma Wrap.

Freshly made and pretty good grilled.

Next, I trotted to the tall Worcester Plaza building nearby, where Eric's La Patisserie Cafe is located on the 4th floor.
I got the Reuben Panini (corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Russian Dressing)
and a free chocolate chip cookie to boot for being a first time customer.
Not bad too for my first try. The place is a bit of a hassle to find though.

For dinner, I went to the Compass Tavern, which has taken the place of Smokestack Urban BBQ, which itself has moved to 139 Green Street in town since the last time I ate there.

I got the Sirloin Tips (marinated and served with mashed potato and vegetables),
which were just alright, the steak being a little tough and the seasoning not really to my liking either.

For dessert, I got a Creamsicle Frappe from Gibson Dairy Farm nearby.
At least a somewhat decent end to my day of checking out several food places in Worcester.

No comments:

Post a Comment