Monday, June 18, 2018

June 18th 2018: Back in Burrillville

This morning, I started out with a Cream Filled Maple Bar from Demet's Donuts, a breakfast place in Medford.
It started out tasting good at first, but then a plasticky layer started to form on my tongue that literally made me gag and lost my appetite. Definitely not coming back again.

Later after work, passing through Sudbury,
Buddy Dog Humane Society
it was back to Burrillville RI,
Lapham Pond, 1537 Victory Highway
Burrillville High School
Union Pond
Episcopal Conference Center

where I resumed my hike at the Black Hut Wildlife Management Area from where I left off last week. The path I took here today is shown below in pink.
Way too overgrown for me to get anywhere near the water body here.

Next, Glocester RI,
Shingle Mill Pond, 357 Pine Orchard Road
Smith and Sayles Reservoir
Pavilion at Kent Field, 1109 Putnam Pike
Chepachet Union Church
Glocester Manton Library
Town Hall,1145 Putnam Pike
Betty the Learned Elephant Potato Head
Spring Grove Beach,
Colt Street and Spring Grove Road
Harmony Childcare and Learning Center
Harmony Lodge


where I went on a hike at the Sprague Farm Town Forest. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
None of the water bodies here were of any note though.
Next, Smithfield RI,
Waterman Reservoir
St. Philip Church
Tucker Quinn Funeral Chapel
649 Putnam Pike
Greenville Baptist Church
Old Temple Lodge #18, A and F M,
609 Putnam Pike
Fire Department
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
William Winsor Elementary School
Greenlake Beach

going for a hike at the Ken Weber Conservation Area, where the Cascade Brook Falls reside. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
Unfortunately the brook was bone dry this time of year. Guess I have to come back again another time.
Next, the Cricket Field in Johnston RI, a pretty nice park
on the Woonasquatucket River,
I then ventured into Providence RI
St. Thomas the Apostle Church
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church
Blessed Sacrament Church
St. Peter's and St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
Our Lady of Lourdes Church
St. Adalbert's Church
Atlantic Mills

before heading to North Providence
Allendale Baptist Church
for dinner at Ethan Anthony's Back Nine Restaurant, located at the Louisquisset Golf Club.

I got in just before they closed the kitchen, so I was able to order my Buttermilk Fried Chicken (coconut milk, mango nappa chili slaw, sweet chili gochujang drizzle, potato roll).
Pretty good actually, especially with the Korean sauce. Might come back again to try the other interesting stuff on the menu.

With that, an end to a productive day in Rhode Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment