Friday, June 1, 2018

June 1st 2018: Hiking in Plainville and Wrentham

I headed to Plainville this morning, passing through Norwood,
Norwood Memorial Airport
going for a hike at Goddard Sanctuary. The rough path I took here from 39 Taunton Street is shown below in pink.
Okay views of Turnpike Lake,
but otherwise nothing much else here,

 and it was so overgrown it's a wonder I even made it out.
Next, I did the Eagle Scout Nature Trail, the entrance located at 80 Everett Skinner Road. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
I had to walk this place several times to get around fallen trees, 
but even the bridge to nowhere was nothing to speak of.
From here, it was on to Wrentham, where I went on a hike at the Warner Trail from the Wrentham Premium Outlet area, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The first pond from the old railroad bed

was pretty nice,
but nothing much else here.

The next part of the Warner Trail I went to was the Red Brush Hill area on Hancock Street, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
Nothing much to see here though, except from the power lines off the trail.
With that, I decided to call it a day, getting lunch from Pub 122, a relatively new bar restaurant replacing Danielle's Pub in Grafton that serves Indian food.
I got the Indian Combo (Curried Kidney Beans, Chicken Tikka Masala (diced chicken tandoori cooked in exotic sauce), served with rice and bread),
Pretty good actually, especially the chicken. Never had Indian food in a pub before.

I also got the Akita (Kimchi, sesame seeds, mayo, sriracha)
from Best in Show Hot Dogs, a food truck like place located at 80 Worcester Street.
Pretty delicious, I must say, with the kimchi and mayo.



No comments:

Post a Comment