Friday, June 8, 2018

June 8 2018: Hiking from Easton to Cumberland

I started out this morning in the town of Easton, going for a short hike at Sheep Pasture, which is more of a farm for kids, than anything else.

The path I took here is shown below in pink,
The pond here was overgrown with plants though.
Next, I headed to Norton,
Mansfield Bank, 225 West  Main Street
going for a hike at Blueberry Knoll, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
Once again, the supposed water body here was all grass.
From here, I passed through North Attleborough
Senior Center
on the way to Cumberland RI, where I went on a hike on the section of the Warner Trail in town starting from near Camp Ker Anna on 500 Reservoir Road.


The path I took here is shown below in pink.

A better trail map of the area can be found on openstreetmap.org, while the guide here serves as a good description of the path I took. Unfortunately, the viewpoint I was looking for was nowhere to be found at the top of the ledge area due to the tall trees.
I had to go off trail on the way back in order to get a decent view of the reservoir
which I could already get from the road without hiking anyway. What a waste of time.

Disappointed, I called it a day, getting a quick bite from El Dorado Mexican Grill, a new Mexican restaurant in Worcester which has taken the place of Tacos Parilla Mexicana, which I visited once a long time ago. Not much change in decor, which is why it still looked somewhat familiar.

I got the Pierna Adobada Taco,
which was not bad, but nothing special.


No comments:

Post a Comment