Friday, July 13, 2018

July 13th 2018: Finishing Up Lincoln RI

I started out this morning in the town of Bedford, getting an Italian Sub from Sun Valley Subs, a takeout place pretty much.

Nothing special as expected.

After work, I headed towards Lincoln RI, passing through Smithfield RI,
Woonsocket Reservoir #3,
111 West Reservoir Road

then going on a hike at the Aust Family Preserve in Lincoln, where the path I took here is shown below in pink.
Nice views of Manton Pond, especially from the dam.
After visiting a few other places in town,
Lincoln Middle School
Wesley United Methodist Church
Lincoln Seventh Day Adventist Church
St. Basil the Great Church
it was on to Pawtucket RI,
St. Luke's Episcopal Church
St. Edward's Catholic Church
Woodlawn Baptist Church
St. Anthony's Church
Anchor Financial Mortgage Inc
Where I visited the Rhode Island Music Hall of Fame, which is more of a corridor of posters than a museum.

With that, I called it a day for sightseeing, heading to Pizzico Ristorante, a hip Italian Bar restaurant in Providence.

With my coupon, I got the Vongole in Brodo (bottlenecks, roasted tomato broth, rosemary, shallots and evoo, served with garlic crostini) for appetizers,

The Tortellini d'Alba (pockets of pasta stuffed with Portobello and wild mushrooms, tossed with pancetta and mushrooms in a light brandy crema) for my main dish,

And the Mini Apple Pecan Tart (served warm, topped with vanilla gelato) for dessert.

The clams were not bad, although the toast was a little burnt. The pasta was good with the sauce as well, although some of the mushrooms tasted bitter. The best dish of the night was the pecan tart, warm and soft and just the right amount of sweetness.

Overall, not a bad meal I guess, if not for the long wait between my courses as the place was packed tonight. At least I finished another town today.

No comments:

Post a Comment