Monday, July 23, 2018

July 23rd 2018: Hiking in New Hampshire after Work

I started out this morning in Natick,
Primrose School

with a Blueberry Muffin from the Muffin House Cafe.
Pretty good, no wonder they have other locations in Massachusetts.

After work, I headed to Hudson NH to hike at the Musquash Conservation Area. I have visited this area recently going to Musquash Pond, but did not know there was hiking to do here as well. This time around, the path I took here from 76 Musquash Road and from the end of Woodland Drive is shown below in pink.

The Musquash Pond side did not yield much in terms of views,

even at the power lines,

But thankfully the Woodland Drive side did,

although I was almost stuck near the beginning at the Third Swamp as I did not spot the path across the water, thinking or had been flooded out.

The best views were at the power lines though.

Definitely worth coming back for those views.

With that, I called it a day, the hike having taken much longer than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment