Monday, July 9, 2018

July 9th 2018: Finishing up Cumberland RI

I started out this morning with breakfast at the Chestnut Hill Restaurant, a decent diner at 616 Hamond street in the Chestnut Hill area of Brookline,
getting an Egg and Cheese Sandwich.
Nothing special, but I see that they might have Vietnamese Banh Mi on the menu as well?

After work, I headed to Lincoln RI, passing through Millbury,
Millbury Federal Credit Union,
50 Main Street
and Cumberland RI,
Tucker Field, 2529 Mendon Road
Old Methodist Episcopal Church,
1099 Mendon Road
Robin Hollow Pond, 281 Dexter Street

where I went on a short hike at the Veronica Geddes Bowen Wildlife Preserve. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
Not a bad view of the water body here for a short walk.
Another hike was to get to Pratt Dam on the Blackstone River Bikeway

northwestward from the junction of Ann and Hope Way and Mendon Road.

Not much of a dam, but a nice walk anyway.
visiting a few places in Lincoln
Lonsdale Baptist Church,
1570 Mendon Avenue
Scott Pond,
Walker Street and Lonsdale Avenue

including the Kelly House Museum
and a hike at Valley Marsh, where the path I took from ~1474 Lonsdale Avenue is shown below in pink.
Not much views of the wetland from the somewhat overgrown trail until the very end.
Not worth the trip in my opinion.

With that, I called it a day for sightseeing, passing through Attleborough
Old Hebronville Mills, 160 Knight Avenue
to get to Norwood, where I had dinner at Bamboo Cafe, a Chinese Japanese restaurant in town.
On the Chinese side, I got the Crispy Sesame Chicken
and the Christmas Tree Roll (Spicy tuna roll with avocado, seaweed salad, soy paper, & caviar).
The sushi was not bad, although the chicken was a little strong in flavor. Overall, nothing special here.

Glad I managed to finish up another town in Rhode Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment