Monday, July 2, 2018

July 2nd 2018: Back to Pawtucket RI

I started out today with an Egg and Bacon Sandwich from Heidi's Restaurant, a diner in Waltham.
Nothing special though.

After work, it was on to Lincoln RI, where I started with a visit to the Handy Pond Conservation Area at 310 Old River Road. I thought I needed to hike here, but thankfully Rochambeau Pond was close enough to the road.

Next, I walked around the Lincoln Mall for a bit

Before going for a drive hike around Lincoln Woods State Park, where the path I took is show below in pink.

Really nice,

especially all around Olney Pond.

A few more places,
Barneys Pond, 149 Grandview Avenue
Bleachery Pond, 56 Walker Street

Chapel Street Congregational Church

before passing through Central Falls,
Spanish Seventh Day Adventist Church
Blackstone Valley Prep Mayoral Academy Middle School 1
Holy Spirit Church
St. George's Catholic Church
Then on into Pawtucket,
Embaixadores Church of the Nazarene
Hollywood Walk of Fame

Post Office
Deborah Cook Sayles Public Library
Pawtucket Mutual Insurance Company,
25 Maple Street
Wilkinson Park,
Roosevelt Avenue and Main Street
Assumption Greek Orthodox Church
St. Raphael Academy
Holy Family Church
McCoy Stadium
Festival Pier
Pawtucket Town Landing
T and D Plaza, 203 Pawtucket Avenue
Church of St. Mary
Iglesia de Dios Palacio Real,
208 Garden Street
Shea High School

visiting the Blackstone Valley Visitor Center
and the Slater Mill Historic Site.
I missed out on the real Pawtucket Falls a while ago because there are 2 waterfalls here.
Finally, Providence RI,
Lippitt Memorial Park
Mount Hope Community Baptist Church
The Church of the Redeemer
Temple Emanu-El
Providence Presbyterian Church
Church of the Holy Name of Jesus
Hope High School
Moses Brown School
Central Congregational Church
Hamilton House
State Arsenal


where I explored Swan Point Cemetery,
Brown University
With that, I decided to call it a day for sightseeing, going to Geoff's Superlative Sandwiches, a cafe nearby,
where I got the Godfather (hot pepperoni, genoa salami, provolone, pepperoncini, oil).
Pretty tasty, though a little oily.

Not satisfied, I headed to my next meal at Mount Fuji Japanese Steakhouse, a pretty clubby looking bar restaurant.



I got the Tempura Shrimp (deep fried shrimp with veggies)
and the Elephant Roll (peanut butter, avocado, topped with spicy crabmeat, fish roe, crunchy and spicy mayo sauce).
The shrimp was not bad, although getting the peanut butter to work with sushi was pretty surprising  to me. Even though nothing much else on the menu was interesting, I think this place is worth visiting more than once.

A pretty productive day of sightseeing in Rhode Island today, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment