Friday, February 24, 2012

February 24th 2012: Dinner at Hirosaki Prime, Worcester

I managed to get a LivingSocial deal for the Japanese restaurant Hirosaki Prime in Worcester recently, so I decided to use it today after work in lieu of trying out a new restaurant. From Yelp, the reviews on this place aren't very shiny, but since I got a 50% discount and I had to eat after work, I decided it was worth giving it a try anyway.

The decor inside is pretty nice, a little like that at Feng Asian Bistro in Millbury, but a little brighter.
 Looking at the menu, nothing much on the special rool menu except the Spicy Lobster Roll, while I have not seen the stuffed Softshell Crab in any Japanese restaurant, so I decided to get that as well. Thinking that this would not be enough, I decided to try a bowl of seafood ramen as well.
Spicy Lobster Roll (Above)
Stuffed Softshell Crab (Below)
Seafood Ramen











To be honest, I actually enjoyed my dinner thoroughly, despite the bad reviews. There were two old Caucasian women sitting beside me could not help but ask me for advice on what to order, so I told them that my crab was good, although they did not seem to like it when they got it for themselves. Oh well.

We also talked about the restaurants we had eaten at , and even my waitress got in on the discussion to talk about which Japanese restaurants in Worcester were good, agreeing that Haiku was great but expensive.

At the end of it all, because of my deal, I only needed to pay $20 more dollars for my huge meal. This was definitely well worth my while.

No comments:

Post a Comment