Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6th 2012: Dinner at Golden Wok, Worcester

Tonight after work, I wanted to try out Vietnam Cafe in Worcester, but it turned out to be the same place as Pho Viet on 148 Chandler Street, where I had tried before a long while ago and did like the pho I had there, although it is situated in a shady part of town, and the place is quite small. I then decided to head to Golden Wok instead, an American Chinese restaurant at 894 Grafton Street in the same town. I had forgotten to bring my camera, so I had to use my Blackberry, so forgive the quality of the pictures. The restaurant looked pretty small from the outside, although it was quite nicely decorated on the inside.
The 3-year old daughter of the restaurant owners was playing on her i-Pad, and she got very excited when she saw me come in, and came over to my table to check out what I was all about. She then tried to show me what she was watching on her i-Pad, some educational programs and shows. I was amazed at how well she knew how to use the i-Pad. Even I don't know how to use it, never having had one before.
My new little friend and her i-Pad
I could not find any combination dish on the menu except for the Dragon and Phoenix, a combination of spicy jumbo shrimp and General Tso's Chicken.
Dragon and Phoenix

My dinner wasn't too bad, but my little friend made it entertaining the whole way, playing with my Blackberry phone, thinking it was a touch screen as well, and with my elastic name badge. When I got my fortune cookie, I decided to give it to her, and after taking it, she took it to the dustbin, where she cracked the cookie, threw out the piece of paper with my fortune on it, then brought back the cookie to me. I wanted that fortune!!! Oh well, maybe she was telling me not to be superstitious.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner tonight mainly because of the entertainment by a smart little cute girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment