Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1st 2012: Sharing My Best Experiences with My Friend

This morning, after cooking a breakfast of french toast with my friend, we started off on our sightseeing journey as I had promised. As we had to head back to the Boston area by nightfall, I decided to show her the western side of Massachusetts today as I had seen in it my prior trips, showing her the best places I had been to so far.

I showed her the Wachusett Dam in Clinton, the views from the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, the Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge in Concord, the Gillette Stadium, the Bass Pro Shop, and the Hall at Patriot Place in Foxborough, and Hemlock Gorge in Needham, before heading to Newton for a quick bite at the New England Soup Factory, a place much like Panera Bread, specializing in soups. We decided to have the Lobster Newburg Soup, the New England Clam and Corn Chowder, and half a Grilled Chicken and Avocado Wrap.
We could barely finish our small meal, although it was good. We then headed to see the Boston skyline at Doublet Hill in Weston, and tried to see the sunset at Highland Street Forest in the same town, although the sun was a little off to the side. Yet another failure.

With that, we decided to try a little candlepin bowling, heading to Sacco's Bowling Haven at 45 Day Street in Somerville. This place is really old-fashioned, having a manual scoring system, as well as a manual pin resetting system. We had not played very long when my friend strained her shoulder, so although I won in the end, it had not been a fair fight.
With that, we were done for the night as my friend was hurting. After sending her home, I decided to try out a new restaurant in the area, heading to Pho Hoa to get a bowl of Pho Dac Biet, which was delicious as all pho soups I have tried before. This place has pretty decent decor too.









With that, my day off was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment