Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 27th 2012: Dinner for a Good Cause at Ristorante Euno, Boston

Tonight after work, I headed into Boston for a meetup dinner at Ristorante Euno in the North End. This meetup was for a fundraising event for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and was $50 for a predetermined 4 course menu with some options. I was not aware that my friend would be coming until at the last moment, and I had not told him that the menu was set, so he was a little angry with me for not telling him beforehand, but then again, I did not know either. Anyway, 2 old friends from prior meetups sat at my table in the basement level, so I had quite a fun time conversing with the people at the table the entire night.

The first course  after the usual bread and olive oil starter was a tossed salad, which was really salty, like it was drenched in sea water, although it tasted better when I was eating the tomatoes.
Tossed Salad
Bread and Olive Oil

For the pasta dish, I got the Gnocchi con Funghi, which was really tasty with Gorgonzola cheese. 
The next course was Hake Fish with clams on a bed of spinach, which was extremely fresh and tasty, and I got a little extra as well from my friend who could not finish her Chicken Marsala..
Finally for dessert, we had tiramisu and a small cannoli. The tiramisu was good, but I have to admit that Mike's Pastry still has the best cannoli.
Overall, I enjoyed my meal thoroughly, although I guess the salad was not to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment