Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 9th 2012: Dinner at Dragon 88 Restaurant, Boylston

Tonight after work, I headed to Dragon 88 Restaurant at 260 Shrewsbury Street in Boylston for dinner.

According to the Yelp reviews, this place is more known for its Mai Tai's, but as I'm not a drinker, there was only the food to look forward to.

The place was very simple looking, and even more so inside, although Chinese New Year decorations were still hanging around. There is a lounge section and a dining area section here. After being seated and looking at the menu of typical Americanized Chinese food, I decided to try the Beef and Mushroom Chow Yoke, with pan fried noodles on the side. To my surprise, the dishes actually came really quickly, after I had barely read one page of my book.
Although they looked very plainly cooked, I actually enjoyed my dinner, the sauce making everything taste good. With leftovers for tomorrow's lunch, I got the bill, and another pleasant surprise with complimentary canned pineapples coming together with the usual fortune cookie.
With that, I was done with dinner. I'm most likely never coming back here again because of the simple decor and lack of variety in dishes, although the food I had was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment