Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18th 2014: Dinner at Arisu Korean Restaurant, Leominster

Today after work, I decided to head north to the town of Leominster for dinner at Arisu Korean Restaurant at 804 North Main Street. Before that, I visited the Greenery Community Park in the town of Sterling,

and went for a hike at the East Waushacum Overlook, located at the end of Tara Lane. Unfortunately, even though I tried to find it, there was no vista of the East Waushacum Lake to be found, although there were partial views of it. Perhaps I will come back to find it when better maps are available.

Finally I headed to dinner, passing by nice views from Sholan Farms in Leominster.
The place was relatively small, and it was clear that they were understaffed, as they took so long to take my order, much less to bring me my Samgae Tang (soup made with cornish game hens that are stuffed with ginseng, sweet glutinous rice, jujubes, garlic and chestnuts in a hot casserole), much to the point it got me pretty irritated. The side dishes did keep me occupied though, as they were pretty good,

and I think they gave my a pretty good egg dish on the house for my waiting as well.

My main dish, which seemed pretty authentic, had a whole small chicken inside the soup,

which was pretty plain initially until I poured the sauces from the side dishes into it. I failed to find the rice until I accidentally found it, all inside the body cavity of the chicken, which eventually flavored the soup and made it much more palatable.

Eventually I gave up on eating the bony chicken, drinking up all the soup instead. I thought my meal was over, but was given another ginger flavored dessert with the check. Not bad, although I'm not too great a fan of ginger, so too much of it got a little strong for me.

Overall, I probably should have gotten something other than the chicken soup, but I think this place might be promising, and I'll probably come back again in future to give it a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment