Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2nd 2014: Lunch in Worcester, Dinner in Boston

I decided to head out for lunch today, heading into the downtown area of Worcester to check out the Garden Fresh Courthouse Cafe. This place is pretty nicely decorated for a Worcester cafe, and the many people here clearly shows how popular it is as well.

I decided to go with a Shrimp and Roasted Corn Chowder,

as well as the Downtown Reuben (Boars Head Pastrami, topped with Russian dressing, sauerkraut and Swiss Cheese on grilled Rye bread).
Both were really good to say the least.

After work, I headed into Boston to have dinner with my friend at Nix's Mate, a pretty upscale restaurant located within the Hilton Boston Downtown in the Financial District of Boston.
I only realized that that this place was within the hotel that I stayed at over 4 years ago when I first came to Boston when I had to use the restroom, which was outside the restaurant in the hotel.
For food, my friend and I decided to just get appetizers, getting the Tuna Tacos (tuna tartar, avocado, sesame, cilantro, spicy mayo)

and the Harbor Island Pizza (Native Lobster, bacon, sauce americaine, scallions, ricotta salata).
Both dishes were pretty good, but nothing too amazing either, as was the Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee (classic custard, house made whipped cream and black berries).

Overall though, I would give this place a recommend, mainly because of the ambience. It was a bit pricey though, and thankfully I had a Groupon, and the food somehow managed to fill us both, although we both had our doubts and were actually planning to go somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment