Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 10th 2014: Lunch in Worcester, Dinner in Acton

I decided to head out for lunch today at Miss Worcester Diner, a historical dingy small town diner in Worcester, getting their Meatlovers and Cheese stuffed French Toast. The thing that came was pretty huge and not quite what I expected,

but not bad overall, and I could barely finish it.

After work,  I took advantage of the lovely weather to go hiking in the town of Acton. My first destination was Pratt's Brook Conservation Land. After parking at the lot on Parker Street, the path I took to get to the water body here is shown below in pink.

The pond itself was nothing much to look at though.

The next place I went to was the Acton Arboretum. The place looks more like a garden from the Taylor Road entrance,
and the path I took to get to the ponds here is shown below in pink.
Not too bad, although I would probably come back when the garden is green again.

Finally, Stoneymeade Conservation Land, where I took a short walk, shown below in pink,
I couldn't really get close to the water bodies here though.

I passed one last place on the way to dinner
276 Great Road

at Po's Ribs and BBQ. I did not expect the clean place I came to, much less that it was owned by Chinese people, which gave me hope that this could be an upscale BBQ place.

Unfortunately, the Beef and Vegetable Soup (served with garlic toast)

and the Ribs and Crabcake Combo (Ribs and Crab Cake served with cold noodles and Coleslaw), were just average, if not less.
Despite the okay ambience, I'm definitely not coming back here after the disappointing dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment