Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23rd 2014: Attending the NAAAP Food Truckaneer Panel

Today after work, I had a NAAAP event, a food truck information session for people who are interested in coming into the business.

Before that, I decided to grab dinner at the Coolidge Corner Clubhouse, a typical bar restaurant in the city of Brookline.

I got the Half Rack of Baby Back BBQ Ribs for appetizers. It was pretty dry and actually bland too for what it was. Simply terrible.
The Josh Beckett (10 oz. burger coated in Cajun spices, topped with sautéed mushrooms, ripe avocado, cheddar cheese and Cajun mayo) burger wasn't much better either, although the Cajun spices did give me some hope.
Overall, definitely not coming back again. I don't even think I want to eat the leftovers I got as a result of having to leave early to get to the Cambridge Innovation Center in Cambridge, where the conference was to take place, on time.

There was more food to have here, being provided by the food trucks Mei Mei Street Kitchen, Bon Me and Chicken and Rice Guys.

To cut the story short, I had a fun time at the event, as I knew many of the people there. Some of my friends wanted to go check out the H-Mart that just opened up in town today, but due to transportation logistics, I decided to call it a day instead and head home for the night. Perhaps I'll go check it out some other time. I've heard good things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment