Friday, April 25, 2014

April 25th 2014: Dinner at Tantric India Bistro, Boston

Today after work, I headed into Boston to watch a movie with friends at the AMC Loews Boston Common 19 theater. Before meeting them, I passed by an interesting statue at the Animal Rescue League of Boston.

I decided to have dinner at Tantric India Bistro, a pretty upscale Indian restaurant located in downtown Boston. I was already impressed when I walked in, with nice Indian music playing in the background, and had hope that the food would too.
I got the Nimbu Pani (fresh lime soda made with freshly squeezed lime juice), which wasn't too bad, considering it was pure lime juice added to sparkling water.

For appetizers, I got the Malabar Crab Cakes (crabmeat, curry leaves, ginger and onions served with ginger plum chutney), which had a slight Indian touch to them compared to other crab cakes I have had in the past.


After polishing my plate off, it was a short wait before the Jardalu Ma Gos (delicate Parsi dish of lamb sauteed with apricots, stick cinnamon, garlic,  ginger, onion and red chilli served with julienned fried potatoes), my main dish, came to my table.


It was a sweet curry, with whole pieces of apricot in it. Interesting to say the least.

Overall, not too bad a meal, although it was a little on the pricy side.

My friends and I watched the movie Divergent, which I did not think was such a good movie in the end, the concept of which I felt was not logical in itself.

After the movie, a few of us headed to Tea-Do, a bubble tea place at 8 Tyler Street in the Chinatown area. This place is already a popular hangout spot with the youngsters, providing cards and other games for people to play. I decided to get the Fire Dragon (Red Bean, Milk, Grass Jelly, Tapioca), 
while my friend got the Thai Milk Tea.
Overall, I felt my tea was not flavorful enough, and the bubbles were a little on the soft side. A good place to hang out with friends though. Looking forward to a fun weekend tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment