Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 30th 2014: Dinner at Meadhall, Cambridge

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Meadhall in Cambridge. Before that, I decided to do a pizza run at Nick's Place, a pizza takeout place in Lexington. I got the Sweet and Spicy Chicken Ranch Pizza (Chicken in sweet Asian chilli sauce, ranch dressing),

the Honey BBQ Steak Tip Sub,

the Ziti Shrimp Alfredo (Shrimp, Ziti, Alfredo Sauce, with garlic bread)

and a Pastrami Sub.
The food was actually pretty good, the sweet chilli sauce being an interesting touch to the pizza, and the steak tips were pretty flavorful as well. I couldn't eat too much of it though, with more to come in Cambridge.

I've heard a lot about the Meadhall and all its beers, so today was my chance to check it out. This place is pretty nice for a bar restaurant, although I kinda thought there would be much more types of beer for it to earn its name. For the purpose of being here, I got the Downeast Original Cider, which was pretty good for a non-drinker like me.
For food, I decided to just get appetizers, getting the Housemade Sausage (Duck Sausage, German Potato Salad, Coarse Mustard Jus)

and the Steak Tartare (anchovy, capers, coddled farm egg, crostini). 
I wasn't expecting the beef to be totally raw, along with the egg as well, but it was still pretty good, although I had to share the big portion with someone else. The sausage was delicious too, although the mustard sauce was a little too sour for me. Overall, this place is actually pretty decent, although I hear it is always packed on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment