Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28th 2014: Dinner at the Warehouse Bar and Grille, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to at the Warehouse Bar and Grille in the Financial District area of Boston. Before that, I decided to grab some takeout pizza for my lunch tomorrow from Rock City Pizza, a pizza takeout place with a relatively large dining area in the Allston area of town.

I got the Blanco Hawaiian Pizza (Pizza Cheese, Pineapple, Bacon and Brown Sugar),

the Chicken Pesto Supreme Pizza (Pizza Cheese, Pesto, Tomato and Chicken),

Cajun Fries

and the Steak Tip Caesar Sub (12" Sub Roll, Caesar, Steak Tips and Romaine).


The sub wasn't too bad, while the two pizzas were actually pretty good, especially the slightly sweet Hawaiian pizza. Only the Cajun Fries were a little disappointing, being a little soggy.

The Warehouse itself is a pretty chic looking bar restaurant.

When everyone finally got settled down, we decided to get some appetizers. My friends got the Fried Clam Chowder,

Sweet Potato Tots and Smokey BBQ Chicken Tenders,

while I decided to try the Gator Bites (Cajun Style, Remoulade),

which apparently is made out of real alligator meat.

I got to try some of my friend's soup, and I have to say it is both an interesting concept to use fried clams in chowder, and the best clam chowder I have had to date, with the mashed potatoes being another unique touch to the dish. Gator meat is pretty interesting as well, having a slight chewy texture to it. The tots were excellent as well, something I have not had in tater tot form before.

For food, most of my friends got the Warehouse Burger (ground sirloin, arugula, vine ripe tomato, cheddar cheese, cherry smoked bacon, potato roll), while I decided to get the Feta and Watermelon Tower (mixed greens, fresh mint, white balsamic vinaigrette),

thinking that the presentation of the dish would be interesting. Unfortunately, it just looked like a regular salad.

I'm not even that much of a fan of feta cheese. I definitely should have gone with something else. Overall though, I have to say this place has some interesting stuff on the menu, and I wouldn't mind coming back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment