Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29th 2014: Dinner at A Taste of Vietnam, Leominster

Today after work, I decided to try to find the vista again at the East Waushacum Overlook area in the town of Sterling, having missed it the last time I was here. I managed to find it this time, and the rough path I took is shown below in black.
The view of East Waushacum Pond was pretty decent.
The next hike I went on was at the Wekepeke Conservation Area, located on Heywood Road near North Row Road. The path I took to see the beautiful water bodies is shown below in black.
Pictures I took of the serene area with a few waterfalls follow.
It was on to Leominster from here, where I decided to head to Barrett Park, which I have visited a long time ago. I had not been able to find the waterfalls before, but better equipped this time around, I decided to give it another try.

The paths I took here is shown below in pink.
My first venture into the area failed to yield any results, the stream I thought contained the waterfall looking more like a dried out riverbed. I decided to go find the airport beacon on Gardner Hill first, and though I got a little disoriented, I eventually found it at the top of the hill.
Back on the ground, I passed by Colburn Pond on the way back to the waterfall area to try to find it again.

This time around, I decided to take a different path, as well as check out some areas I had not been to. I found the brook this time, and followed it finally to the waterfall, which was actually pretty nice.
By the time I left the park, it was almost totally dark. Time for dinner, which I decided to have at Taste of Vietnam at 814 North Main Street in town.

The moment I pulled into the parking lot, I had a feeling that I have been here before, and even more so when I entered the small restaurant. It would probably have to be long before I started recording my travels. Regardless, I decided to stay, getting the Ca Salmon Chien Sot Ca Chua (Grilled Salmon in a traditional Vietnamese tomato sauce), a traditional dish done using salmon.
It was pretty good actually, the salmon being crispy and going well with the sauce. Glad I decided to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment