Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11th 2014: Dinner at Autentica Mexican Restaurant, South Hadley

Today after work, I decided to head all the way to South Hadley to use my Groupon at Autentica Mexican Restaurant, passing by Beaver Lake Beach at 125 Babcock Tavern Road in the town of Ware,

the Cold Spring Country Club in Belchertown,
where I could not take pictures of the beautiful views of the surroundings the last time I was here as it was already too dark, and finally the Aldrich Pond Dam at ~74 Aldrich Street in the town of Granby,

which I could not take pictures of the last time I was here because it was all frozen over. The restaurant itself was really hard to find, being in a shopping mall area with two levels. It is pretty small and simple, definitely not what I expected, with clumps of dried chilies hung all over the place.
The food was pretty cheap too, making it hard for me to use my Groupon without ordering a lot, getting the Posole (white hominy corn in a red base with pork, side flour tortilla),

the Fish Tacos Dinner (Lightly sauteed Mahi Mahi, served w/ Hector’s original jalapeƱo cream sauce and Beans and Rice),

the Chorizo, Egg and Potato Burrito,

and even a Chocolate Cake for dessert.
The soup was pretty interesting with its specially prepared hominy corn, though a little bland. The fish tacos were just okay as well. The burrito was the best dish of all, being interesting as well with the potatoes in it. The cake was the most disappointing of all, clearly being really old and dry. Overall, perhaps not worth the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment