Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 22nd 2014: Dinner at Pescatore, Somerville

Today after work, as I had to do some food truck stuff, I decided to head into Somerville to have dinner at Pescatore, an Italian restaurant with nice decor but no cosy feel in town.
I got the Haddock Cakes (over fried shoe-string onion rings, with homemade tartar sauce) for an appetizer, which were pretty fresh and tasty.


My Fettuccine al Salmone Affumicato (homemade fettuccine pasta smoked salmon, black truffle oil & light cream sauce) was excellent as well, mainly because of the salmon.

I was already full by the time I got to my Pastiera for dessert.

This is a pretty interesting authentic Italian dish, with globular pieces of farro, a type of grain, blended into the pie.

Overall, definitely one of the better meals I have had in town.

From here, I headed to Malden to do food truck stuff, then decided to take the opportunity to use my coupon to get a Shrimp Scampi Pizza from Two Paisan's Pizzeria at 390 Main Street in town. This place is slightly larger than a normal takeout place, with plenty of seats around. The pizza itself was just okay though, nothing too special about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment