Friday, May 2, 2014

May 1st 2014: Dinner at Williams Restaurant, Gardner

Today after work, I decided to head to the town of Princeton to hike at the Wachusett Mountain State Reservation, this time to check out the various water bodies here. I parked on Westminster Road, and the path I took to check out Echo Lake is shown below in pink.
The views of Mount Wachusett from the lake were pretty scenic.
Along the way back, there were tons of red spotted newts crawling around after the rains.

From here, I passed by the Wachusett Mountain Ski Area, which was beautiful even when out of season, and there were still patches of snow on the mountain if you can believe it.
From here, I ventured into the northern part of the reservation in Westminster, where the path I took to get to Bolton Pond is shown below in pink.
The pond itself wasn't much to see though.
After backtracking back to my car, it was on to a few more water bodies in Westminster
Partridge Pond, 103 Ellis Road
Minott Pond,
Minott Road near Kurrika Road
Upper Reservoir,
South side of 42 Whitney Street
Wright's Reservoir,
North side of 42 Whitney Street

before dinner at Williams Restaurant and Tavern, a bar restaurant in the town of Gardner.

I decided to try their wings, which were half a buck tonight, asking for one in every sauce (Sweet and Sour, Honey Mustard, Honey BBQ, Buffalo Sauce). They opted to give me cups of every sauce instead.

It was okay I guess, although I would have preferred if the wings had been cooked in the sauces.

I decided to get the 10oz Prime Rib Au Jus, since I have not had it for a long time now.

Not bad, although I felt a little sinful at times.

By the time I left, the rain had started. I am just thankful it did not happen during the daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment