Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7th 2014: Dinner with a Friend at Coconut Cafe, Newton

Today after work, I had an appointment with a friend to have dinner at Cafe St. Petersburg, a Russian restaurant in the city of Newton. Unfortunately, she had brought her dog along, so we had to find a place with outside seating, finally settling for Coconut Cafe instead. The last time I was here, I enjoyed my Crispy Pad Thai, so I had hope the food would be good this time as well. My friend got the Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Maw, Stir fried wide rice noodles with Thai hot basil sauce, egg, sweet basil, and assorted vegetables),

while I got the Bangkok Canal Noodle Soup (Noodle Nam Tok, Beef and Pork Meatballs, tasty Bangkok Style Noodle dish, rich spicy broth and fresh water vegetables).

The dog got nothing of course.

Both were especially tasty, though a little spicy, and it was interesting to learn that the noodle soup is made with pork blood, as I suspected.

My friend and I had other things we needed to discuss, so after leaving her dog in her car, we headed to the nearby Starbucks where there was free Wifi. I happened to see the Flower Sugar Cookie in the display case, so I decided to get one as it looked really interesting.
It tasted really good as well.

After checking out a few things online, we decided on a plan of action, and called it a day. It was good to try Coconut Cafe a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment