Friday, May 30, 2014

May 30th 2014: A Failed Attempt at Rock Climbing

Today after work, I had a meetup event to go rock climbing at MetroRock Boston in Everett. Before that, I decided to get some pizza from JC Grill and Pizza in town, getting the Mineira Pizza (Cheese, chicken, bacon, hearts of palms, corn, black olives, oregano, and catupiry (Brazilian cream cheese)).
 Pretty good actually, even with the olives.

The gym itself is pretty small relatively, and after getting my gear, which I wanted to minimize to just shoes because I did not want to venture into full scale rock climbing and just wanted to do bouldering just in case my wrist injury from learning to ride a motorcycle acted up again, I went around to take a few pictures of the place.
As I had expected, when I tried the most basic bouldering course, my wrist started to feel pain. I decided to not risk it any further and left the gym. Oh, what a waste of $20. I guess I can't do ice climbing either for a long while more.

In order not to waste my trip here, I decided to get dinner at Sabur Restaurant, a Mediterranean place in Somerville. This place has pretty nice decor,
With metal trays for tables.
Easier to clean I guess.

After looking at the menu, I decided to go with the Seared Nantucket Scallops (asparagus crepes filled with shiitake mushrooms, shallot confit, crab).
The dish was pretty well presented, and the crepes were amazing. I pretty much licked the plate clean. 

For dessert, I got the Glazed Apricots (filled with mascarpone and almonds, lemon syrup),
which was just the right amount of sweet, along with the cheese filling.

Pretty good meal, to say the least. At least I did not waste my night after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment