Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20th 2014: Dinner at Little Anthony's Seafood Emporium, Winchendon

Today after work, I decided to head north for my day of hiking, passing by Whitmanville Reservoir at 372 South Ashburnham Road in Westminster

on the way to the Muddy Pond Conservation Area at ~200 Bragg Hill Road. I mistakenly went onto private property at first, walking on ground that felt really weird, soft like mud but dry. There was a view of the pond from here,

but something did not look right with respect to where I was on my GPS and the trail map of the area itself, so I moved a little further down the road, and found the correct entrance to the area. From here, the path I took is shown below in black.
It was a pretty decent walk, thankfully rewarded with nice views of the pond.
After finally heading back into my car, it was onto the town of Ashburnham,
Cannon, 40 Hastings Road
Upper Naukeag Lake, 150 Lake Road
Lower Naukeag Lake, 116 Sherbert Road
Sunset Lake, 10 Sunset Drive

Factory Village Pond, 131 Fitchburg Road

where I went on a hike at Lincoln Pond, at 247 Hastings Road, the path I took being shown below in black.
There were some nice views of the pond itself,
with Mount Watatic in the distance.

Back at my car, it was on to dinner at Little Anthony's Seafood Emporium, a small town seafood place at 678 Spring Street in the town of Winchendon.
I decided to go with the Rockport Maine Lobster Bisque

and the Pan Seared Trio (fresh native swordfish, atlantic salmon and tilapia with a light cajun seasoning, pan seared, served with cool cucumber dill dressing).
The soup was pretty good, while the sweet potato fries were coated with something that made it extra crispy. The fish was a little dry though. Since this place also has an ice cream area, I decided to get a Maine Deer Tracks (rich espresso ice cream with crunchy toffee pieces and tracks of thick chocolate fudge) Waffle Cone, which was pretty interesting with its pieces of toffee.
With that, I called it a day for hiking. More to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment