Thursday, May 29, 2014

May 29th 2014: Dinner at The Bootlegger Restaurant, Lunenburg

After work today, I headed to the start of the Monoosnoc Trail at the end of West Street in Leominster. I have been on this trail before, but this time I wanted to find the view at North Monoosnoc Hill, which I missed then. The path I took is shown below in pink.
There were rapids flowing below in the trail,

There was a view

near the water tank,
and going counterclockwise, I was able to find the peak of North Monoosnoc Hill this time around.

Moving forward, the view at the other viewpoint on the map was pretty awesome as always.
Satisfied with my hike, I passed by the Pierce Pond Dam on 492 Lindell Avenue
on my way to Lunenburg, where I first went on a hike at the Laurel Bank Reservation at ~104 Pleasant Street. The rough path I took while here is shown below in pink.
The pond here wasn't too bad.
I took a short walk at the Robb's Hill area at ~507 Burrage Street.
The water body here was nothing to see though.

Next was the Valley Farm Conservation Area, the trailhead on ~128 Robbs Hill Road. The path I took to the water body is shown below in black.
At least this one was bigger.
From here, it was on to dinner at the Bootlegger Restaurant in town. This place has pretty nice ambience, so the food better be good too.
I got the Seared Day Boat Scallops (Fire-roasted apple chutney, applewood smoked bacon sauce) for an appetizer

and the Apple Cinnamon Salmon (Pan seared hickory crusted salmon, fuji apples, cinnamon, cider, maple and sun-dried cranberry orzo),

which came with a cup of Clam Chowder as well.
The clam chowder had a little extra kick to it which made it better than most I have had in the past. The scallops were excellent with the sauce and the apple, while the salmon tasted a little weird at first, but eventually it all came together, and what I liked was that the salmon wasn't dry as well.

With the good experience so far, I decided to get some dessert as well. The waitress brought out the selection on a tray,
According to her, the tiramisu is homemade, so I decided to go with that.
Needless to say, I enjoyed my meal tonight. Glad I decided not to go to Asian Imperial tonight. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment