Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 18th 2014: Dinner at Ecco Restaurant, Boston

After a fun day of doing food truck stuff, I decided to use my coupon at Ecco Restaurant, located in the East Boston area of Boston. I did not expect a high end restaurant in this seedy area of town, but there it was, though it did not look like much either from the exterior.
The starters, though just bread, came out in a cool looking cigar box.
For appetizers, I decided to go with the Arepitas (Cheese, shredded short ribs, avocado, chorizo, chicharron, coleslaw salad, Platano frito).
Once again, I was pretty impressed by the level of presentation in the dish, with the corn fritters each being stuffed with a different ingredient. The best ones were the shredded short ribs and the chicharron. For my main dish, I decided to go with the Duck Confit Risotto (Sausage Mushroom Risotto, Rocket Parmesan Salad).
 A moderately sweet dish, but excellently cooked all the same.

With all this delicious food, I had to go for the Dessert Sampler to get more, consisting of the
Tiramisu Classico (Espresso-soaked lady fingers with mascarpone mousse), Cannolo Siciliano (Authentic Sicilian Cannoli, ricotta, candied orange, chocolate and anisette), Crème brûlèe (Vanilla Bean French custard) and the Panna Cotta Alle Fragole (Classic Italian Custard, with blackberries, aged balsamic and basil).
 Good stuff, to say the least. Definitely did not expect this place to be that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment