Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 13th 2014: Dinner at Kai Sushi Bar and Grill, Worcester

Today after work, I decided to have dinner at Kai Sushi Bar and Grill in Worcester. Before that,I went on a hike at God's Acre in town. As Swan Avenue, the road where the trailhead was located on was filled with potholes, I was forced to park on Outlook Drive instead and walk all the way in. The path I took from my car to explore the area is shown below in pink.
Deed Rock itself was pretty worn out,
and there were no views to be had at the supposed overlook. Thankfully, being a little disoriented at this point, I somehow found my way to the open space on the map, and the views of downtown Worcester from here were actually pretty good.
After heading all the way back to my car, I decided it was time for dinner.

The restaurant itself is pretty small, though decently decorated.

I decided to get the Lamb Chop (sauteed with garlic butter and red wine sauce served over spinach) appetizer,

and the Bul Goki (Korean marinated tenderloin beef, sweet potato, cucumber and avocado) and Passion Rolls (Lobster mix, black marlin, mango, cucumber and avocado topped with tuna, seaweed salad, shallots and tobiko).
The lamb was pretty tasty, especially with the spinach. Bulgogi probably doesn't go well in sushi, but the other roll was actually pretty good.

Overall, not too bad a meal, although there are better Japanese places around.

No comments:

Post a Comment