Friday, May 16, 2014

May 16th 2014: Dinner at Maki Sushi Bar, Peabody

Today after work, I had to pick up my friends who were coming into town for the weekend, so I decided to head east, starting with a hike at Bumblebee Park in Littleton. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
The pond here was nothing much to look at,
while the view from the top of the hill was okay, though there was nothing much around to look at.
From here, it was on to the town of Westford, where I first visited Blake's Hill. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
The basin was pretty small,
while the views of the pond here were just okay, even at the power lines.
I tried to find the path to the second stone bridge in order to get back onto the road, but was unable to do so, so I was forced to backtrack all the way back to my car.

My next hike was at the Mystery Spring area. The path I took here to view the stream that seemingly just comes out out the rocks is shown below in pink.

The spring itself wasn't that big a deal at all,
and neither was the pond on the Flaherty Trail.
Next, the Peace Trail. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
Nothing much to see here either.

With the rain starting up, I decided to call it a day for hiking, heading to Wakefield to get some pizza from Slice, Pizza and More, a pizza place located at a gas station. I got the Rabe White Bean Pizza (broccoli rabe, garlic and cannellini beans), which was actually pretty good for a vegetarian pizza.
My next meal was at Maki Sushi Bar, a Japanese restaurant in the town of Peabody. This place is more an Americanized bar restaurant than a typical Japanese place, but the food I got was actually pretty well presented and tasty. I got the Seafood Martini (medley of cubed tuna, salmon, white tuna, white fish and seaweed salad with lemon soy vinaigrette), which was really tasty,
the Spicy Conch and Octopus Roll (Chopped conch and octopus mixed with sriracha and scallions) and Tropical Roll (Crispy shrimp tempura, cucumber, avocado, topped with sweet slices of strawberry and mango, drizzled with sweet chili sauce).

the conch roll was pretty bland, and I had to use the sauce from the other roll to make it better. Thankfully, the Tropical Roll was delicious, the strawberry going really well with the sweet chili sauce.

I still had some time before having to go pick up my friends, so I decided to go watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier at Showcase Cinema de Luxe Revere in Revere. Unfortunately, I had to leave right at the last part in order to get to my friends on time and bring them home. Oh well, guess I'll wait till the DVD comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment