Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22nd 2014: Terrible Dinners in Boston and Brookline

I had to run some errands today, so lunch outside it was for me at Center Cafe at 574 Main Street in Shrewsbury. This place looks like a donut shop, with donuts lining the wall behind the counter. I decided to go with their Chicken Fried Rice, nothing else on the menu looking appealing to me at all, although the pictures of their sandwiches with eggs made me want to get one.

The rice wasn't anything extraordinary though.

After work, I was supposed to have a meetup dinner at La Galleria 33 in the North End area of Boston, but had to cancel due to heavy traffic coming in. In order not to waste my time in the area, I decided to use a few of my coupons. My first stop was for pizza at Zesto's Pizza and Grille in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. Unfortunately, I was told my coupon would not work here for thSunrise Pizza (white sauce, bacon, ham, fresh garlic, broccoli and fresh mozzarella cheese)

and the Triple Decker Sub (Ham, turkey, roast beef, swiss cheese, cole slaw, russian dressing)  I got. 

It was already too late anyway, so I just paid for the food in full.

The pizza was pretty bland and even tasted weird at some points, while the meat in the sub was tasteless as well, although the dressing did help a little.

My next dinner spot was at the Blackstone Grill, a dive bar in the downtown area. I got the Shrimp Scampi (Jumbo Shrimp tossed in garlic butter and white wine sauce served over pasta with side of garlic bread) here,

but it's got to be the worst I have ever had. The noodles were soggy, the cheese was just sprinkled in bits on top, and the entire dish was so bland. The garlic bread was the best part about the dish. Definitely not a place to come for food.

My last place was King Fung Garden II, a Chinese takeout place in Brookline. For the second time tonight, I was unable to use my coupon here, even though I had already bought my Chow Kueh Teow (Rice noodles with shrimp and veggies)

and Rice Cake with Pork and Szechuan Pickles.
Both were equally disappointing. Needless to say, I had lots of leftovers to last me the next few days. What a trip wasted going into Boston tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment