Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 15th 2011: Dinner at Cancun Family Mexican Restaurant

Tonight after work, I had a meetup event at the Cancun Family Mexican Restaurant on 75 Worcester Street in Grafton.

It was raining constantly tonight, which made it a little hard to locate the restaurant, but after a little driving in and out of the parking lots, I finally managed to locate the place, the name of which was not lighted very well. The outside decor was not very appealing, especially on a dark night like tonight, but inside was actually pretty decent. There were a few people from the meetup group already present at a long table, so I went to join them. We spent some time talking to each other while waiting for the rest of the crowd to arrive, eating the constant flow of tortilla chips and salsa at our table.

When everyone finally arrived, I decided not to go with the seafood chimichanga that I keep ordering at Mexican restaurants, choosing to go with the Cancun Specialty instead, which was an assortment of seafood with rice and vegetables in a garlic sauce.

When my dish finally came, everyone could not help but stare at it, because it was pretty massive. My new friend next to me even bet with me that I could not possibly finish it.
The first several bites tasted great, to be honest, especially the shellfish which were very fresh. However, and I continued digging in, the constant garlic, oily taste started getting boring, and with that my appetite went down constantly, until I could only finish half the dish. Guess my friend won the bet after all. I probably should have gone for the tried and tested Pacifico chimichanga instead.

Although my dinner was not all that enjoyable, it was a good thing the company was good, with interesting stories from new friends who worked to organize events for a sports arena in Lowell, especially about a lingerie football league. Also, my lunch tomorrow has been taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment