Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19th 2011: Dinner at Oli's Italian Eatery, West Boylston

Tonight after work, I decided to go for some Italian food at Oli's Italian Eatery in West Boylston. This place is rather simple looking, but still a nice place to eat at. I decided to get the Risotto Balls appetizer, which were pretty good, although the tomato sauce that came with it was a little too sour.
 For the main course, I decided to try the special, the Chicken Pizzaiola, consisting of chicken breasts covered in prosciutto and mozarella, together with shitake mushrooms, tomatoes and sun-dried tomato ravioli in a tomato sauce. Unlike the Risotto Balls, the sauce was just nice, and I enjoyed my dinner.
Gerardo's Italian Bakery is right next door, and can be accessed directly from the eatery. I decided to try it out, since the reviews about it were good. After asking the cute girl behind the counter about what she would recommend, I decided to follow her advice and get the ricotta Italian cookies and the Gerardo's Specialty strawberry and ricotta cake. I haven't tried them yet, but they definitely look good and smell good.

2 comments:

  1. Based on my extensive research, the best Italian cookies in Worcester are from Wholly Cannoli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

    ReplyDelete