Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 22nd 2011: Dinner at Tavolino, Westborough

Tonight after work, I decided to head to Westborough to eat at the Italian restaurant opposite Ted's Montana Grill, Tavolino. It's a really nice restaurant  I must say. I decided to try something unique today, the Beef Short Rib Ravioli, but not before finishing a Wild Boar Gnocchi appetizer and the soup of the day, a cream of beet and cranberry soup, first. The wild boar was very tender, and the sauce went really well with the dish. The beat soup turned out to be rather sweet, so I decided to add a little salt to it, and it tasted a whole lot better.
Cream of Beet and Cranberry Soup
Wild Boar Gnocchi



My final entree did not really look very substantial, but to my surprise, I had hardly finished half my raviolis when I realized my stomach was in deep trouble. Thankfully, I finally managed to get it all it in. It was too good to let any go to waste.
Beef Short Rib Ravioli
Overall, I would choose this restaurant over Ted's Montana Grill, but then again maybe it's because I haven't tried more of the burger place's better offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment