Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12th 2011: Dinner at Playa del Carmen, Holden

Tonight after work, I originally wanted to try out Wong Dynasty Chinese Restaurant on 176 Reservoir Street in Holden, but as it turns out, they are closed on Mondays. Someone please tell me why so many restaurants are closed on Mondays? Anyway, I decided to head to the next restaurant on the list, Val's Restaurant and Lounge, but guess what? They were closed as well. Starting to get a little exasperated, I started to drive toward Happy Garden II on 184 West Boylston Street in West Boylston, when I passed by Playa del Carmen, a Mexican restaurant in Holden. I decided not to waste any more time and try this place out. There were quite a lot of cars parked here, so I assumed that the restaurant must be pretty good.

The interior looked nice enough, similar to the other Mexican restaurants I have mentioned in my blog, complete with a bar. I decided to order the Playa Chimichanga with the seafood mix. I liked the salsa that came with the complementary chips, because it had a bit more spice than the ones I had had before, or maybe it's just that I haven't had Mexican in a while. Anyway, when the food came shortly after, it looked eerily similar to the chimichanga plates I had had from other restaurants as well, with a picture below to prove it.
It was good, however, and I'm glad I decided to stop by here for dinner after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment