Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14th 2014: Celebrating My Friend's Birthday with an Expensive Cake

I forgot to bring my lunch to work today, so I decided to use my deal at Uncle Sam's Pizza in the town of Leicester to get some food. I decided to go with the BBQ Pit Pie (B B Q Sauce, Grilled Chicken, Bacon And Rib With Our Special Blend Cheese)

and the Pastrami Hot Sub (Mustard, American, Pastrami, Pickle Spear and Chips).
It was actually pretty good for a takeout place.

After work, it was time to head to my friend's place to celebrate another friend's birthday, which is on Valentine's Day. 

I was the earliest one there, so I helped my friend to cook some pasta that were shaped like male sexual appendages, which you can get from sex shops in town. We put some pesto sauce on it, which made the pasta actually taste pretty good, despite the contents.
On top of the pasta,  my friends got Chinese takeout as well,
although the star of the night was definitely the cake that I ordered with my friend last month.

To be honest, I was expecting amazing results for the money I paid for it, but it was pretty amazing all the same. I could not say the same about the taste though. The fondant was one thick layer of sugar overload, while the cake itself was a little dry. As most of us were already pretty full from dinner, we could hardly stomach much of the cake, and a lot of it went to waste. Definitely not spending that much money on a cake again.

We played several games after that, including Twister, Jenga and Pictionary.

One of my friends was really good at at Twister and Pictionary that she won both games. I'm just glad she was on my team for Pictionary.

Finally, it was time to call it a day.I'm just glad my friend had a good time on her birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment