Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10th 2014: Dinner at Terramia Ristorante, Boston

Today after work, I headed to the North End in Boston for dinner with a friend at Terramia Ristorante to use her Groupon, like I did so almost a year ago. The place was as I remembered it, dark and cozy at the same time. This time, we decided to try the Frittelle di Aragosta (Larry’s lobster fritters, crispy sweet potato & leeks, honey balsamic reduction) for appetizers, which for once were full of lobster meat, unlike the clam fritters I'm used to having that do not even have a hint of clam meat in them.
For our main dishes, I decided to get the Cavatelli (Cavatelli pasta, broccoli rabe pesto, chili flakes, pork sausage, torn burrata, confit panko),

while my friend got the Raviolone Aperto (Open-face ravioli, scallops and shrimp, zucchini segments, lobster mascarpone reduction)
The lobster sauce was so good that my friend actually thought her shrimp was real lobster. With respect to my dish, I've had something similar at Luna Rossa in Tewksbury a while ago, although today's tasted much better.

The dessert Tiramisu we got was pretty good as well, although my friend thought it was too sweet.

Overall, this place still hasn't disappointed me, especially with its creative dishes. It definitely made venturing out in the freezing cold worth it, if only for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment