Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12th 2014: Dinner at Regatta Bar and Grille, Westborough

Today after work, I decided to try out Regatta Bar and Grille, a bar restaurant located within a nice hotel, the Doubletree by Hilton, in the town of Westborough.

As can be expected, this place is pretty well decorated, so I had hope that the food would be equally good as well.

I decided to get the Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche (marinade consisting of avocado, coconut milk and other seasonings, served with grilled sweet potatoes and field greens) for appetizers, which was perhaps the worst choice on the menu.
The salad tasted really weird to say the least, the coconut milk definitely not helping at all.

Thankfully, the Grilled Barramundi (6oz Asian Sea Bass, served with Spinach Pesto Salad) was much better, especially because of the salad which had mangoes and mandarin oranges, along with a grilled lemon on the side.

To end it all, I decided to at least take a peek at the dessert menu, and ended up getting the Raspberry Cabernet Cheesecake, which was very well presented to say the least, and tasted pretty good as well.

With that, I headed home for the night, satisfied with my meal, though still regretting my appetizer choice. It is going to stay with me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment