Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8th 2014: Celebrating My Friend's Birthday at Fire + Ice, Boston

Today, I was invited to my friend's birthday party, to be held at Fire + Ice in Boston. As always, I spent my day sightseeing, passing through Wrentham,
Hale's Pond, 20 Jenks Street

and Plainville
Fuller Pond, 27 Fuller Street
Lake Mirimichi, ~42 Mirimichi Street

on the way to Attleborough,
New Covenant Christian Fellowship
Immanuel Lutheran Church

First Church of Christ, Scientist
Evangelical Covenant Church
Congregation Agudas Achim
Murray Unitarian Universalist Church
Willett Elementary School
Holy Ghost Church
Some interesting places I visited in town were two schools with the exact same architectural design,
Brennan Middle School
Wamsutta Middle School
and the beautiful Manchester Reservoir at the end of Beagle Club Road.
At this point, I felt extremely hungry, so I decided to get a pizza from Park Street Pizza in town, getting the Firefighter's Buffalo Chicken Pizza (buffalo chicken, pineapple and jalapeño peppers with red sauce). 

Not too bad, though nothing special.

From here, I headed back toward Cambridge, passing through Easton
New Hope Christian Chapel
Holy Cross Church
before stopping for another bite at the Feisty Greek, a Mediterranean cafe in the town of Norwood.

There were a lot of people eating here today, and it took a while for my order of a Pastitsio with a Greek Salad to come.

Nothing too extraordinary though.

Next, it was time for dessert, from Five Bites Cupcakes in the town of Wellesley. This place, located within a small shopping complex, is nothing to look at,

although the cupcakes I got were really good, namely the Mudslide (chocolate oreo cake filled with chocolate sweet cream dipped in chocolate and topped with chocolate frosting), White Hot Chocolate (yellow cake filled with white sweet cream dipped in chocolate ganache, topped with white frosting), Red Velvet (southern style red chocolate cake filled and topped with cream cheese frosting), Cookies and Cream (oreo cookie cake filled with sweet cream, topped with white frosting), the Double Chocolate and the Yellow Birthday cupcakes.
Clockwise from top left: Mudslide, White Hot Chocolate, Red Velvet, 
Cookies and Cream, Double Chocolate, Yellow Birthday
Next, it was on to more desserts at Swissbakers in the Allston area of Boston, which has a red cow on top of the building.

This place is really nice inside, and all the different sorts of desserts I got were really tasty as well, namely the Meringues,

the Swiss Linzer (raspberry jam),

the Mini Swirl (hazelnut), the Chocolate Prussien (French elephant ear. Light puff pastry dough is folded with organic sugar and baked),

Macaroons and the Chocolate Mousse Berliner. 
Because of the amount I spent, I also got a free bag to hold my pastries as well.


With that, I finally headed to my friend's place in Cambridge, where the views were actually really good.
We decided to take public transportation to the Mongolian BBQ place, which I have been to once in the past. This place was filled with people tonight, but thankfully we had made a reservation, so we were shown to our table pretty quickly. Food here is obtained buffet style, although everything has yet to be cooked.
After choosing what meats, vegetables and starches to have on my plate, it was time to choose the sauce to be poured on top after it has been cooked (pouring it onto the food before being cooked causes it to get burnt), and I went with a pesto sauce.

After being done with my choices, it was time to head into the center, where people were lining up to have their food cooked by the hibachi chefs in the center on a circular hibachi table.

Our food was cooked pretty quickly as well,

although I felt mine needed more sauce, so I just went up and got more. Much better this time around.

After dinner, we headed back to my friend's place, where we had a carrot cake that my friend's mom made for her birthday, and talked all night until it was finally time to head back home. It was good to be able to celebrate my friend's birthday with her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment