Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 22nd 2014: Sunrise, Archery and a Birthday Party

Early this morning, I was able to wake up in time to send my friend to the airport for her one way trip to California, but there was still some time before sunrise, so I decided to drive into Quincy to take a short nap in my car at Wollaston Beach. The sunrise was pretty awesome, to say the least, although it was freezing outside my car.
It was time for breakfast, so I decided to head to OB's Cafe, a small town breakfast place at 74 Billings Road in town. As always, I got a cup of Hot Chocolate,

along with Steak and Eggs (BBQ steak tips, 2 eggs, homefries, toast)

and a side of Blood Pudding.
Not bad, although the homefries were a little soggy.

After breakfast, it was time to start my day of sightseeing, first in the town of Braintree,
Emmanuel Church
First Congregational Church
All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church
Saint Thomas More Church
Fire Department Engine 3,
1 Hayward Street
Seventh Day Adventist Church
St. Catherine's Greek Orthodox Church


Union Congregational Church of Braintree and Weymouth
Heritage United Methodist Church
St. Clare Church
Braintree Highlands Elementary School
Highlands Fire Station
South Congregational Church
Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital
St. Francis of Assisi Church
Braintree Town Hall
Cannon, the Thayer House
Monument Mall,
1 John F Kennedy Memorial Drive
Old Thayer Public Library,
John F Kennedy Memorial Drive
Landmark Residences,
550 Washington Street
I was able to explore the Thayer Public Library
and the Thayer Academy.
From here, it was finally on to my archery session with friends at Ace Archers in Foxborough. Unlike the last time I was here, there were less people this time around, so we were able to shoot arrows much more often, and had more fun as a result. We headed to Asian Ginger at 70 Central Street for an all you can eat sushi lunch like before, and got tons of food as always.
Miso Soup
Vegetable Tempura
Gyoza
Shrimp Tempura
Crab Rangoons
Sushi and Sashimi Plate
Green Tea Ice Cream
As always, we ordered a little too much, and had a little trouble finishing everything. We do need to remember that the ice cream is not included in the buffet.

It was back to sightseeing after lunch, with me heading to Easton to visit the Stonehill College campus, a pretty nice Catholic place of education.

For the final hours of sunlight, I decided to head into Brockton,
Pearl Street United Methodist Church
Christ Congregational Church

First Church of the Nazarene,
89 North Pearl Street
Brockton Seventh Day Adventist Church
before calling it a day and heading into Boston, where I was to have a birthday celebration with my friend and her friends, starting with dinner at Penang in Chinatown. Before that though, I had some time to spare, so I took the opportunity to go buy a phone charger adapter in the area, as well as get a quick snack of Sweetheart (Wife) Cake from Mei Sum Bakery at 36 Beach Street. Not bad.

The place was pretty crowded, and as we had no reservations, we had to wait a while before finally getting a table, which did allow the latecomers to come in time for dinner. We ordered a lot of food, including the Roti Canai, the Penang Satay Chicken (Marinated chicken on skewers, charcoal grilled to perfection served with peanut sauce),

the Hainanese Chicken Rice,

the Tomyam Clams Claypot (Slow cooked clam in a sweet, sour and spicy lemon grass broth),

the Beef Rendang, the Watercress with Preserved Bean Paste, the Kang Kung Belachan and the Penang House Special Squid (Sauteed squid and dried shrimp in authentic spicy sauce).
After another excellent dinner at this place, the birthday girl wanted to head to Emerald Lounge nearby for drinks. This lounge/club is located within the Revere Hotel Boston Common, which is a pretty fancy place.

Thankfully, there weren't as many people at that time, although it was to get worse as the night went on.
I had a great time with my friend though, and by the end of the night, had made several new friends as well.

I'm just glad I managed to get home alright, after less than 3 hours of sleep the past 2 days. I'm just going to crash now. I'm going to miss my friend who left for Cali though.


No comments:

Post a Comment