Saturday, November 9, 2013

November 9th 2013: A Day of Waterfalls and Arrows

Today, I had an appointment with friends to do archery at Ace Archers in Foxborough. Before that, I had some time, so I decided to do some sightseeing. My first town was Northbridge, where I visited a few water bodies,
Carpenter Reservoir
Arcade Pond,
Arcade Street and Main Street
Riley Pond, 196 Castle Hill Road
then on to more of the same in Sutton,
Meadow Pond, 55 Lackey Dam Road
which had the Lackey Pond Dam at 55 Lackey Dam Road.
In Uxbridge,
Whitin Pond, ~400 North Main Street
Pout Pond Beach, ~100 West River Road
Bazeley Pond, 126 Laurel Street

 it was the Capron's Pond Dam at 15 Mendon Street that caught my eye.

In Blackstone, I finally got my chance to see the lovely Blackstone River Gorge, located at the end of County Street.

I also passed by the Harris Pond Dam, consisting of 3 small waterfalls, located at 332 Privilege Street in Woonsocket RI.
After visiting the Caryville Dam at Pearl Street and Plain Street in Bellingham,

I decided to head to Rock N Coal Pizza in town to get some lunch. This bar restaurant is actually pretty big and spacious with decent decor.

For food, I decided to get the Coal Fired Wings (Lemon, carmelized onions, & rosemary),

the Italian Burger (Sauteed mushrooms, salami, arugula, provolone, roasted red peppers and balsamic vinegar)

and the Abbruzzi pizza (Rustic red sauce, abbruzzi sausage, fresh mozzarella and basil).

Only the Italian Burger was decent tasting, and the fries were pretty good too. The wings were a little burnt, with not much flavor to it, while the toppings on the pizza were good, but the sauce itself was a little too sour.


Overall, I did not really enjoy my meal, and service was not to my liking as it made me late for my archery event by 20 minutes. This looks like a great place to grab a drink with friends though.

As aforementioned, I arrived late at Ace Archers in Foxborough. Everyone else had already started shooting, but it wasn't long before I was outfitted myself with a quiver of arrows and a bow.

They came in several degrees of tautness from very light to hard, with hard being the easiest to shoot with but the hardest to pull back into position. I decided to go with light for the day. 

I did okay by the end, but the hour was all over too soon. Overall, I have to say this place is much more organized than Trader Jan's in Fall River, although we did manage to practise our shooting for much longer at Trader Jan's.

From here, we headed to Asian Ginger in town for another round of all you can eat sushi. This time, as I had already eaten beforehand, I could not eat much more, but that did not prevent anyone else from ordering a lot, 

including the Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream, which came separately, was well presented and tasted pretty good as well.

After a filling lunch, some of us decided to go watch
Thor: The Dark World at Showcase Cinema De Lux Patriots Place. The show wasn't too bad actually, with a pretty interesting storyline with many twists. I look forward to even more Avengers movies in the near future. I t was at this point that I realized that I had left my camera back at Asian Ginger. Thankfully, my friend had taken it for me, and I got it back at the end of the day.

After the movie, we got hungry again, and after walking around Patriot Place and shopping (by the girls), we decided to check out Bar Louie, a pretty upscale bar restaurant which has locations all over America, in the same area.

For food, we decided to just get appetizers this time, getting the Loaded Fries (queso, spicy giardiniera, bacon, scallions),

the Crispy Calamari (hand-battered calamari, cocktail sauce),

the Spinach and Artichoke Dip (spinach, artichoke, parmesan, garlic, house-made alfredo, tortilla chips)

and the Meatballs al Forno (premium meatballs, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan crostinis).
All the dishes were pretty good, especially the crostini and the meatballs, although the sauce for the fries was a little too spicy for all of us, and it was the only dish left standing at the end of the day.

With that, we finally called it a day, with me bringing my friend home and getting my camera back, then heading back, in preparation for another day of fun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment