Friday, November 1, 2013

November 1st 2013: My Second Halloween Party in 2 Weeks

Spending yesterday and today at home, terribly sick, I had a Halloween Party to go to tonight at Osaka, a Japanese restaurant located in Brookline. As I was one of the co-organizers of the event, I had to go despite my health condition. Bringing my Zorro getup to Brookline, I was a little early, so I decided to get a cup of Hot Chocolate from Peet's Coffee and Tea next door to warm myself up.

My friends came soon after, and we headed to the restaurant to have dinner before the party started.

We ordered a lot of food, although I had to get my friend to pick out food for me as I was still feeling extremely sick. We got the Gyoza (Pan fried dumplings),

the Spicy Kani Salad (Crab Meat Salad), 

the Green Seaweed Salad (Japanese style),

the Chicken Yaki Udon (Sauteed Thick noodles with fish cake and vegetables),

the NOBU ROLL (Seared tuna, asparagus inside, tuna, salmon, eel, yellowtail, crunchy three colors tobiko on top with chef special sauce),

the Assorted Tempura,

the HIDDEN DRAGON (Shrimp tempura, spicy tuna and papaya topped with spicy king crab meat.),

the FOXY LADY (Spicy tuna, avocado topped with seared tuna and red wine pear. Served with onion sauce)

and the TOMO (Spicy crunchy salmon, mango. Topped with seared salmon, white tuna, avocado, and crispy rice powder and honey wasabi sauce).
The gyoza and the seaweed salad were pretty good, while the Kani salad was just so-so. The tempura was pretty interesting as they had tempura noodles, and the udon was alright I guess. With respect to the maki, the presentation was actually pretty good, especially the Tomo, but the Foxy Lady and the Hidden Dragon tasted a little weird. Thankfully, the other 2 rolls were delicious.

Soon after dinner, we headed downstairs to decorate the lounge, but once the party started, I was too sick to mingle, so I stayed in one corner most of the night, catching up with my friends occasionally, some of whom had on outlandish costumes tonight. At the end of the night, my friend wearing a sumo fat costume and a lady wearing a large tampon on her head were the winners of Best Costume. A pity that organizers were not allowed to win. I'm just glad I managed to get home safely.


No comments:

Post a Comment