Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24th 2013: The 17th Boston International Fine Arts Show

This morning, I organized a meetup event for my group at the 17th Boston International Fine Arts Show, located within the Boston Center for the Arts Cyclorama in the South End area of Boston. As I had to pick my friend up, I was a little late, but thankfully the organizers of the show would not let us in until the show started properly anyway, and by then I had already arrived.

I have never been inside the Cyclorama before, so it was nice to see what it was like.

The paintings were pretty good too, coming from several galleries in the New England area and elsewhere, with some costing millions of dollars. None of my meetup friends could bother to afford one, to say the least. Pictures I took here, though not many due to concerns about copying, follow.
After everyone was done viewing the paintings at the show, a group of us decided to go to Chau Chow City for some dimsum. This place has 2 levels, with dimsum being served in pushcarts on the 2nd floor. We ate a lot today, but in the end, it was still less than $15 a person. Cheap, and good.

From here, my friends suggested that we go try the Egg Puffs from the shop of the same name at 42 Beach Street. This small store is located inside a small food court, with a single old lady manning the station.

I originally thought it would be 3 bucks per puff, but it is actually for an entire bunch. Wow. And they are so good. Glad my friend recommended this place.

From here, we parted ways, and I decided to head into the East Boston area to do some sightseeing there. At the East Boston Memorial Park at 143 Porter Street, it was already so cold and extremely windy, that I almost gave up and went home at that point. I decided to stay however and take pictures.
East Boston Memorial Stadium,
End of Logan Airport Service Drive

At the Bayswater Street Urban Wild, there were nice southern views of the ocean and the Boston skyline as well.
From here, I headed to the town of Winthrop, where I visited a few beaches until the sun went down for good.
Winthrop Beach

Halford Beach, 156 Sewall Avenue

Short Beach,
Upland Road and Revere Street





With the sun completely set, I decided to head to Waltham for dinner at the Playmakers Sports Bar and Grill, a sports bar located along Moody Street.

For food, I got the Cajun Shrimp (seasoned sauteed shrimp with side of cocktail sauce),

the Steak Tips (fine cut, marinated with house special sauce)

and the Shrimp Quesadilla (grilled flour tortilla stuffed with jack and cheddar cheese).

The food was actually pretty good, though nothing very exciting to write about. With that, I ended my day of fun. I'm glad I made several new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment