Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 26th 2013: Dinner at Royal India Cafe, Shrewsbury

For lunch, our boss decided to take us out to Ceres Bistro in Worcester. I have been here many times, but the lunch menu today was pretty different. After looking at it, I decided to get the Cream of Crab Soup

and the Crab Crusted Burger (signature all beef patty, lump crab, Swiss, lettuce, tomato, lemon aioli, hand cut fries). 

Both dishes were actually pretty good in my opinion.

Other appetizers were ordered as well, including the Fried Calamari (fresh parmesan gremolata, peppadew, smoked tomato mayo),

the Coriander Crusted Seared Tuna (honey Sriracha, seaweed salad, pickled ginger, the House Pickled Vegetable, Olive Tapenade and Hummus (piano paper bread, grilled naan, roasted garlic cloves, herb oil),

and even a single Oyster on the Half Shell (Champagne mignonette, cocktail sauce).
The calamari was delicious as always, as was the tuna. The olive tapenade was a little too salty for my liking, however.

For entrees, some of my colleagues got the Sweet Soy and Ginger Braised Salmon (wasabi risotto, edamame, pea shoots and sugar snaps),

the Pan Seared Swordfish (cajun dust, signature rice blend, crab-mango salsa, fresh vegetables)

and the Hanger Steak and Frites (Hand Cut Fries, House Steak Sauce).

Of them, I was able to try the steak, and though my friend did not like it, I actually thought it was pretty good.


After work and before bowling, I decided to try out the newly opened Royal India Cafe, an nice Indian restaurant located in Shrewsbury.

There wasn't much people here when I came, considering it was still early. I decided to get the Boti Kebab Masala (Lean pieces of lamb marinated for 24 hours in yogurt and spices, baked on skewers in the tandoor and then finished in a tangy, spicy red sauce).

The curry was actually really good. Yet another Indian place to recommend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment