Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18th 2013: Learning Salsa Dancing at the YWCA, Cambridge

Today after work, I had an appointment to learn salsa dancing at the YWCA in Cambridge. Before that, I decided to get some dinner at Montecristo Restaurant, a small Hispanic restaurant located in the East Boston area.  After looking at the menu, I decided to get a small cup of Atol de Elote (Sweet corn and milk) to drink,

and a small Picada plate (Nachos, beef, chicharron, chicken, shrimps and chorizo).
The drink was actually pretty tasty, although my dinner was pretty much a huge pile of fried, greasy stuff. I could barely eat any of it before feeling stuffed.

After packing everything to go, I headed to the YWCA. This place is pretty hard to find, having no signs, but thankfully I bumped into another person who knew where the place was, and it looked more like an apartment building than anything else. Even the signs for the dancing studio were just printed on pieces of paper.

There were already people dancing inside the studio, and they were definitely much better at dancing than I was. The instructors pulled the beginners aside and out of the studio, and started teaching us the basics there. In a short time, we had learnt to do turns and make the ladies turn as well. This was definitely a much better lesson than at Havana Club, where there was too many people when I went.

At the end though, I still did not feel I had enough skill to ask a girl to dance with me. Oh well, maybe I'll come back again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment