Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25th 2013: Dinner at Royal East Restaurant, Cambridge

Today after work, I had plans to go for a second round of salsa dancing lessons at the YWCA with Rumba Y Timbal in Cambridge with my friend. After picking her up from work, we decided to have dinner at Royal East Restaurant, a Chinese restaurant in Cambridge which also serves Malaysian food. The decor is pretty typical for a Chinese restaurant, so I did not take any pictures of it. For food, as we did not want to eat too much before dancing, we decided to get the Satay Chicken (Marinated chicken on skewer grilled to perfection, Served with Malaysian peanut sauce. Diced cucumber on the side),

the Roti Canai (Hand tossed crispy and puffy Malaysian pancake freshly made to order. Served with curry chicken),

the Kang Kung Belacan (Hollow greens sauteed with famous Malaysian mildly spicy shrimp paste) and the Aromatic Hainanese Rice.


Of all the dishes, I was only disappointed with the Satay Chicken, which were simply deboned chicken wings on skewers. The rest of the food was pretty good, though not as good as Penang in Boston. After dinner, we headed to the dance hall, where my friend pretty much outshone me on the dance floor, even though it was her first time. I was actually rather demoralized by that, more because I don't think I'm really cut out for dancing after all. Oh well. I'm glad my friend had fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment