Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11th 2013: Watching the Celtics-Magic Basketball Game at the TD Garden, Boston

Tonight, I had tickets to go see the Boston Celtics play the Orlando Magic at the TD Garden in Boston. This would be the very first NBA game I have ever been to. I decided to get something to eat before the game, so I used my Groupon at the Brighton Fish Company, a nice, small fish market in the Brighton area of town,
to get a Lobster Roll, which was pretty fresh and tasty.

It was pretty hard to find parking, and I ended up parking in a tow zone, although there were many other cars in the area that were doing the same. I could only hope that I would still find my car here after the game.

I met up with my friends at the TD Garden, then went to find our seats. Unfortunately, as we had bought our tickets separately, we were sitting in different parts of the stadium, so I decided to sit illegally with them with the hope that no one had my seats, and it worked for a while. The pictures I took of the game while seated here follow.
The winning banners
Welcoming the players
The national anthem
Game On!!
Slam dunk!!
Unfortunately, the people who had my seats finally came, and I was forced to go back to my proper seat pretty far away. Thankfully, the view here of the game was actually better.
Half-time antics
Thankfully, we won today, although the Celtics have not been doing well this season overall.
We won!!
Final Score and MVP
That's because most of the good players were transferred, and Rajon Rondo has yet to come back from injury either. Oh well.

It was a good thing as well that my car was still there when we finally reached it. All in all, it was a fun experience watching an NBA game, but I think I get more out of watching them at home, complete with commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment