Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12th 2013: Dinners at the Canal Restaurant and Bar and Herbie's, Worcester

Today before bowling, I decided to use my coupon at Canal Restaurant and Bar at 65 Water Street, which has replaced Gumbo, which I went to before. The decor and menu for the Creole restaurant was pretty much the same,

 so I hoped that the food would taste as good as it did before. I decided to get 2 appetizers this time, getting the Fried Green Tomatoes (topped with warm blackened shrimp remoulade)

and the Fried Crawfish (golden fried crawfish tails served with remoulade, cocktail sauce and lemon).
The tomatoes did not taste like much, although the crust and the tasty shrimp more than made up for the dish, while the crawfish were just like popcorn shrimp, just better in terms of texture. Overall, a pretty good meal, although I wasn't full at the end of it.

As I still had some time before the game, I decided to go check out Herbie's, a small dive bar restaurant located near the bowling arena which apparently is really popular with the locals. 
As expected, the place was packed with people, and I even found two of my colleagues there. I decided to get more food with them, getting the Liver, Bacon and Onions, which came with mashed potatoes and corn.

The food was surprisingly good, and it was cheap as well. However, as we had to go bowling and I was already a little full from earlier, I did not manage to finish everything.

My team did poorly tonight again, although I think we did win one game. Oh well, at least my dinner at 2 places was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment